Monday, June 17, 2002

I will comply. You don't have to.


I've finally taken the time to migrate MonkeySpeak to
XHTML 1.0 Transitional. If you don't know why this is a good thing, take a look at the XHTML Guide I've whipped up.



As far as I know, all of my own content is compliant, and I've converted all existing articles and comments to be
compliant. However, the site currently doesn't check
new comments or articles for compliance. Thus, it's
inevitable that new comments will make the site
uncompliant again.



Until I add a system for validation, I won't hold others
to the XHTML standard. However, sometime soon I may add XHTML validation to the compose process. Since I don't want to make composing difficult, I may also provide an automatic clean-up feature for those who don't want to
change their ways.



1 comment:

  1. Ick. When a proper XHTML DOCTYPE tag is specified, Netscape 6 goes into strict rendering mode. This is a good thing, but the gratuitous rounded corners that permeate my page apparently don't line up right in strict rendering mode.
    I'll fix that when I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete