Wednesday, July 2, 2003

Maybe <i>that</i> would help me overcome my Fear of Plummeting.

As I sat in the cramped seat of a United flight last week, watching the LCD text on the AirFone™ embedded in the seat in front of me, I had trouble understanding the phrase "Send 12 emails a minute!" I mean, I understood the phrase, but I couldn't comprehend how they considered this a feature. I'm pretty sure I could transmit more than 12 emails a minute by waving semaphore flags out the plane window.

This led me to wonder why internet access from planes is so slow, and for that matter, why planes don't have 802.11b access points on them.

Well, it looks like my next flight will need to be to Sweden.


1 comment:

  1. Isn't it obvious? At 12 emails per minute, you could spam 4320 people during a six hour flight. If you multiply that by the seating capacity of a jet, you could ensure that people the world over know about the latest wireless webcam
    from x10.com.

    ReplyDelete